LOCATION: Arlington, VA Oracle Opower office
Oracle | Opower is looking for an experienced Reporting Analyst for a growing Client Support Team, dedicated to helping our global utility clients meet their goals of energy efficiency and improving customer engagement. Oracle | Opower's innovative approach uses cutting-edge behavioral science, customer data analytics, and the latest software to help millions of people worldwide save energy.
Opower's Reporting Analysts are technically skilled individuals who extract valuable insights from meaningful, large-scale, energy efficiency software systems. Reporting Analysts interface with our utility partners, client-facing Client Success Managers, launch-focused Implementation Engineers, forward-looking Product Engineering and R&D teams, and others to work on exciting and complex client inquiries in a friendly, collaborative environment.
If you're excited by the idea of utilizing your reporting and technical skills to help improve the planet, this may be the job for you!
• Triage and resolve production reporting requests, working closely with clients and internal teams, both technical and non-technical
• Build and maintain a deep understanding of our products with the ability to explain them to others
• Gather and analyze information, evaluate impacts, and resolve or escalate issues as needed
• Act as friendly subject matter experts on reporting for all Opower products and services as well as mentor junior staff
• Balance client expectations and internal needs
• Identify and define typical reporting requirements to standardize client experience and ensure consistency and quality
• Seek opportunities to improve processes, documentation, tooling, and operational efficiency
• Work closely with Engineering teams to build out and support Opower's internal BI tools
• 2 years of experience in Analytics, Business Intelligence (BI), or a related field
• Have work-related experience with BI reporting tools, report design, and data structures to support reporting insights
• Function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
• Strong professional and interpersonal communication skills, both verbally and written
• Are a self starter, a quick learner, with great attention to detail
• Able to write SQL for large data sets and have recent experience with relational databases (MySQL preferred)
• A solid understanding of relational database design and structures
• Experience with Unix and are not afraid of the command line
• Have worked with Git or similar version control systems
• Exposure to Hadoop, Hbase, or Hive
• Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a related field
Intermediate consulting position operating independently with some assistance and guidance to provide quality work products to a project team or customer that comply with Oracle methodologies and practices. Performs standard duties and tasks with some variation to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer specifications.
Standard assignments are accomplished without assistance by exercising independent judgment, within defined policies and processes, to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements.
2-5 years of overall experience in relevant functional or technical roles. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.