Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects. Key Responsibilities:
- Works in project teams as subject matter expert to design and development of program methods, processes and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse 'big data' sources
- Performs complicated statistical and data-mining analysis, using statistical tools like R, SAS and MATlab input and design of data structures and database design.
- Interfaces with internal customers for requirements analysis and special requests and schedules; derives insights and works with business units to determine actions and KPI for those actions
- Works in project teams developing difficult analytical models, algorithms and automated processes, applying SQL understanding and PHP or Python programming, to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets.
- Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments; Supports the timely development of products for manufacturing and process information by applying sophisticated data analytics, based on a very good knowledge of the business processes and needs
- Communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service and business management to be incorporated into the measuring of effective business processes, using the most appropriate data visualization techniques, using BI software such as Tableau, or visualization libraries
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Masters, PhD or equivalent experience in Maths, Computer Science, Operations Research or Statistics
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.