Data Analytics & Visualization
Posted: November 04, 2016
Reference ID: 16000HOU
At Unilever we believe that data and insight will transform our North America businesses beyond all recognition. We want our organisation to become a leader in consumer & customer analytics and insight. Analysis of data and its presentation as a story line are key components of this vision.
About the role
The Data and Visualization Analyst is responsible for the analysis of multiple data sets to bring insights to our customers, category teams and customer development teams via advanced visualization capabilities which can be accessed and manipulated across platforms.
This role exists to make sense of vast amounts of data in a way that enable Unilever’s Category & Sales teams to more effectively engage with our retailer customers. Agility and foresight are key to the ongoing development and iterative nature of this role. The ideal candidate will be analytical, detail-oriented, and able to articulate the value of analytics to our category team, and beyond, via the creation and enhancement of visualization capabilities. The ability to craft and share a story via Data Visualization will be a key criteria for the role. This would include the use of off the shelf capabilities as well as web development and design.
• Manipulate and analyse large volumes of data, combining both customer and consumer data via data visualization platforms
• Build workbooks and platforms to simplify and expedite the way data is analysed by the organization
• Create harmony across category teams and reduce complexity of reporting
• Work to enhance team’s current skill level on current platforms
• Continually seek new or improved software and capabilities
• Deliver actionable insights to help decision making
• Identify, analyse, and interpret trend in complex data sets
• Work closely with teams to identify and prioritize business and information needs
• Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize efficiencies and data quality
• Works closely with the DB manager to filter and clean data for ongoing data integrity
• Primary responsibility to deliver solutions to Category and Customer teams
• Development of visualization via off the shelf capabilities as well as in house development via web languages
• Collaboration with analyst peers on model development
• Collaboration with Category Strategy Managers to deliver data and insights for growth
• Work with broader IT teams to drive roll out of solutions
• Working with other analytical functions across the business to learn and share best practice
Skills and Experience
• Strong Statistical / numerical background (degree or equivalent)
• Ability to analyse large and complex data sets with proven experience in delivering recommendations to leadership
• Familiar with tools such as R, Tableau, Hadoop, SAS, SQL or similar software
• Data driven with a strong commercial acumen
• Strong communication skills
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.