Are you excited about artificial intelligence and machine learning? Do you love figuring out how to apply the latest research techniques in practical ways? Do you want to work on groundbreaking new user experiences?
The Natural Language and Experiences (NLX) team is looking for talented applied scientists to help build the next generation of intelligent productivity and assistance software for millions of Office customers. We are an innovative team that blends the exciting world of NLP research with the challenging requirement to ship real world software. We have a passion for finding practical applications of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and statistical NLP. If you share that passion, you’re a great candidate for the NLX team!
As a shared team within Office, NLX ships features in a wide range of products. Our code is shipped in the Office suite, Exchange, SharePoint, FAST, and nearly every other Office product. We frequently partner with teams outside of Office in order to leverage the latest NLP technologies and data sources. Bing, MSR, Machine Translation, Windows, and Hotmail are some of our closest collaborators. Our expertise includes statistical language models, entity and intent extraction, named entity recognition, spellcheckers, and much more. With the industry demand for machine learning skills rising, we have many new opportunities to explore when it comes to delivering exciting technologies into the Office ecosystem.
• Detail-oriented, results-driven, with strong cross-group collaboration and communication skills.
• Creativity, customer focus, and passion for quality
• Minimum 3 years experience in two of the following:
• Using an object-oriented programming language (C++ or C#)
• Using scripting languages (Python, Java, or Perl)
• Developing or managing technical projects in multiple languages
• One year experience in quality assurance or experimental design for language/computational linguistics projects
• Advanced degree in Computational Linguistics, Linguistics or equivalent in related technical experience.
• Knowledge of Hadoop, or other big data systems
• Proficiency in a language other than English
• Experience developing or evaluating commercial or high-quality research software
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.