Prudential Investments Technology organization is actively pursuing a qualified Solutions Architect to set the strategy and drive the execution of a technology modernization effort including moving from a legacy mainframe environment and leveraging newer technologies and infrastructure capabilities. The Solutions Architect is a key technical leadership role for implementing modern business solutions leveraging Cloud, Mobile, Social, Integration, and Data solutions available within the organization as well as for external customers. The Solutions Architect will provide strategic leadership on systems design, development, deployment and maintenance across multiple platforms i.e. mainframe, distributed, mobile and cloud for Prudential Mutual Fund division. The candidate will play a key role setting the application and data architecture vision and strategy on large initiative to migrate legacy systems from mainframe to distributed and cloud. The candidate will possess strong leadership skills, creative thinking to be able to come up with inventive solutions to solve Mutual Fund business challenges.
This right candidate will be a seasoned, hands-on technologist with a strong background in application architecture, data modeling, data warehouses, and business intelligence solutions. They will be responsible for establishing, driving, and implementing architectural principles and guidelines for information technology systems in accordance to business needs and adherence to corporate technology standards. Making influencing decisions and recommendations to business on technologies that are cost justified and timely for operational excellence, process redesign and solutions sourcing.
This role will drive the technical direction of the mutual fund group to optimize information delivery via intelligent dashboards, APIs, and interactive reporting tools. The candidate will partner with technology leads to drive the appropriate tools used to meet the business demand. Also, developing expertise on the current systems to push the boundaries of what can be done more efficiently. This position requires providing thought leadership, keeping up with industry trends and collaborating with co-workers.
· Working with database architects, developers, business analysts and subject matter experts to understand the complex technological system and migrate mainframe technologies to distributed and cloud platform
· Develop and build data strategy to improve data quality and operational efficiencies. Enable enhanced reporting capabilities including business intelligence dashboards and data visualization software
· Instituting a data architecture and governance discipline to advance rapid delivery of products and data insights
· Evolving a future state application architecture that supports business priorities and objectives while being flexible so it can accommodate rapidly changing business requirements, evolving customer expectations, and technology evolution
· Overseeing the local architecture governance process that reviews and monitors the design of new solutions and ensures Mutual Fund technology solutions comply with enterprise technology policies and standards
· Strategizing, leading and managing the integration and monetization of Data for the Mutual fund organization
· Preparing and presenting potential technical solutions and advising the business on the technical and business value of the proposition
· Providing architecture and technology leadership across a range of technologies including but not limited to Cloud, Mobile/Web frameworks, .net, SQL, Tableau, Informatica, TFS and Collaboration platforms
· Keeping up-to-date on new technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing digital environment
· Monitoring emerging technology trends and managing an innovation lab that conducts proof-of-concept experiments with new and emerging technology
• Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• Financial Services experience (Mutual Fund background preferred) with a proven track record of delivering multiple projects on-time, on budget and within scope
• 10 years of IT experience with several years in hands on Data Architecture, Modeling and Strategy; with majority of it earned in building enterprise level platforms
• 7 years of experience with Information Services data solutions implementation
• 7 years of experience with Enterprise Data warehouse design and implementation
• 7 years of experience with data architecture across a broad range of solutions
• 5 years of experience with data management or data integration/conversion
• 5 years of experience with data modeling, using industry standard tools (i.e. ER Studio, CA Erwin etc.)
• 5 years of experience with Enterprise Architecture and Data Governance
• Proven track record of delivering multi-tier, multi-channel solutions to mobile devices, desktop interfaces, and other service consumption devices
• Prior hands on experience with data management platforms used at Prudential (MS SQL, Oracle, IBM Cognos, Tableau, UDB to name a few)
• Current Industry knowledge of forward looking data technologies (Big Data, Hadoop, MongoDB, In memory DB's and streaming data)
• Broad knowledge of Agile project methodology (SAFe) and ITIL best practices
• Master Data Management platforms and practices preferred
• Experience with Cloud computing concepts (private, public and hybrid) required
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.