/Your Talent. Our Vision./At Anthem, Inc.,it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we willdrive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
TheData Architect Advisorposition will be responsible for aligning data solutions to business requirements by planning and managing data architecture work. This candidate needs to coach/mentor existing IT team on these technical skills. In addition, this candidate needs to interpret the results of critical data elements defined by system/business areas to recommend data quality rules based on critical business impacts causing customer abrasion. This candidate needs to have the passion to keep driving data quality across multiple areas within Anthem's organization.
Applies broad knowledge, experience, and insight to make smart decisions and recommendations.
Cultivates positive professional & interpersonal relationships with various stakeholders.
Effectively uses coaching, influencing, negotiation, and persuasion in interpersonal interactions.
Understands complex problems quickly, proposes solutions, and provides clear direction.
Undertakes complex assignments and projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge including data warehouse structures and application of database query tools.
Develops very complex and varied strategic report applications and analyses from a Data Warehouse.
Establishes and communicates common goals and direction for team.
Establishes and maintains advanced knowledge of data warehouse database design, data definitions, system capabilities, and data integrity issues.
Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
Must be able to recognize when a strategic change in process is required and direct resources effectively and efficiently to achieve the desired business results.
Monitors project schedules and costs for own and other projects.
Develops and supports very complex Data Warehouse-related applications and analyses for business areas requiring design and implementation of database tables.
Designs and manages studies as requested by internal and external (e.g., Network Management, Health Solutions, Finance, NCQA, HEDIS) clients for purposes of ensuring accreditation, improving health, and analyzing business opportunities and areas for improvement.
Assures quality and integrity of data collected, analysis performed, and reports generated. Develops methods for improving internal techniques and processes.
Utilizes multiple data systems to accomplish objectives.
Responsible for data governance policies and standards with the goal of ensuring the quality and consistency of all data and metadata across the Finance platform with integration points to all other functions.
Support the data governance efforts to build a robust business glossary, associated metadata, data lineage, capture changes to the use of data, and establish monitoring of data quality
Support the growth of a new data governance structure for Anthem's new data platform (Data Lake) by leveraging best practices for capturing metadata and educating personnel on the governance applications, processes and procedures.
Support development of a data strategy, data policies, data architecture, and data standards and procedures
Requires a BS/BA degree; 8-10 years experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Experience in managed care and data analysis required. Understanding of multiple data sources and formats required.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of data warehouse structures, data flows and standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages is also required.
• Excellent leadership, problem solving, organizational, planning, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Advanced degree in business, science, or health research is preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization including executives.
• This job spends time thinking about programming and is much more focused on designing solutions as compared to the Bus Info Developer Consultant Sr.
• This job functions as an independent operator and feels comfortable talking to the Executive Leadership team (ELT).
• Ability to synthesize complex data concepts and to clearly communicate with team members from all areas of the enterprise. Comfortable presenting to Executive-level stakeholders
• Experience working closely with Data Architects to ensure changes are appropriately synchronized with the metadata strategy and logical data model.
• Experience collaborating data with owners and users/analysts across the customer operations to modify or implement new repeatable and reliable businesses processes to improve and sustain effective data governance resulting in improved quality and consistency of data used to drive key business decisions.
• Strong analytic skills and the ability to effectively distill healthcare processes into robust business metadata that can be easily understood by others
• Experience in training others on standards, processes and policies related to governance and applications preferred.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
• An undergraduate degree is required.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in data governance and/or data management
/Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2016 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.__/
Job Information Technology
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Data Architect Advisor
Requisition ID: 134748
A little about us:
We have shared values and a similar mission.