Top Three Skills: Must have 10+ years of experience in Data Warehouse design/architecture (creating technical specifications, leading design and modeling)Must have experience in large DW environments (several TB) Extensive experience with data analysis, profiling, mapping. Strong SQL skills. Experience with ETL tools- ideally informatica (will not be hands on in development, is doing the design)
his position is a part of the Data Warehouse team . This role is a Data Warehouse Design Lead position. There is a team of 9 Designer/Modelers and then a separate team of hands on Informatica/DW developers. This person will be needing to look at a fair amount of ambiguous data from different source systems and need to profile and make sense of it (understand the relationships, use SQL to profile and understand the structures and put together data models for the target DW in which the data can be moved to. Must have strong operational data modeling, dimensional modeling skills.
This person will be creating data warehouse data models, need to understand and write the ETL specifications. This person will NOT be hands on coding, they will be designing the solution and working with the developer to implement. They will be describing to the developers who to write the code in the DW to transform it to be more meaningful. They are the designer and there is a development team and this person would need to walk that team through design, explain models, specifications, provide direction to developers
Design, specify and deliver enterprise reporting and analytics data structures to support financial and medical analysis in our Exadata-based environment. Position may require team leadership or key development contribution or user interaction depending upon the profile of the project.
- At least 6 years functional design, technical design, coding and testing of data acquisition and ETL process.
- Technical leadership of several person development teams.
- Development and usage of Data Warehousing best practices and standards.
- Data Modeling of both OLTP and OLAP data structures.
- Repeated design/development of large-scale data warehousing environments.
- Design experience with a variety of DW languages and toolsets.
- Working knowledge of healthcare services industry - preferred.
- Functional/Technical document (specification) authorship in a data warehouse setting. Required. Critical.
- Ability to independently, or with business counterparts, profile, navigate and reverse engineer the data of source application databases in preparation for data and ETL design. Required.
- Graphical and written design of complex ETL processes - including the exceptional. Required.
- Strong SQL, PLSQL development in Oracle and/or SQL Server. Required.
- Process and Data modeling in large-scale data warehousing environments. Strongly preferred.
- Estimation, planning and execution of small-team data warehousing projects. Preferred.
- Hands on skill with common ETL tools - especially Informatica - Preferred.
- Design/Configuration of jobs using scheduling tools like Tidal or Autosys. Preferred.
- Very good written, oral and meeting-based communications in mostly technical settings. Must be able to explain your design/position to multiple audiences. Required.
- Skill in the techniques and tools used for high-volume data acquisition and replication. Strongly preferred.
- Respects timelines and surfaces issues without direct supervision. Required.
- Translate business information requirements to technical structure and specification. Required.
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- Leads and participates in code walkthroughs and other deliverable reviews. Required.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.