Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This is a leadership position seeking a leader with creativity and desire to lead data architecture, provide vision for data as a service products, design leadership and lead agile delivery for large data management product / platform.
- Provide data technology leadership with ability to get hands on when it comes to analysis, design and execution.
- Experience on Data warehousing, Big Data and other leading data technologies.
- Drive excellence in design, coding standard and implementation practices to ensure CI and Resiliency.
- Work closely with the business to gather requirement and solution.
- Share knowledge and Best practices across teams within the organization.
- Good understanding of financial business domain and regulatory environment.
- B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in professional software development
- 10+ experience working in the financial industry and understanding of financial information delivery and regulations.
- Sound ability to analyze business needs and envision solutions to the business needs. Hands on implementation experience on multiple development projects.
- Good handle on Oracle, RDBMS, Database Architecture and UNIX.
- Good handle on object oriented design methodology and design patterns.
- Good handle on backend systems design and database/data warehousing platforms and solutions, experience in Oracle 11g and Exadata appliance.
- Good understanding of tuning software systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner both written and orally
- Be a team player with a positive attitude, enthusiasm, initiative, and self-motivation.
- Ability to multi-task and meet aggressive timelines Ability to lead implementation team.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.