Data Center Technicians
Top 3 Skills needed
1. 3-5 years of experience working with Cat 5 cables, or copper or fiber in a Data Center environment.
2. 3-5 years of experience working with "cable trays"/ cable cabinets, preferable in a Data Center environment
3. Experience racking & stacking equipment, running cables to infrastructure/networking equipment. Details
- Ability to self direct and work independently as required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (Technical and Non-Technical)
- Extremely "Detail Oriented" individual with the ability to multi task
- Strong "hands-on" experience with racks, server installation, cable management
- Experience with configuration and installation of network hardware (patch panels, fiber panels, cabling)
- Experience in Data Center Floor design and best practices highly desirable.
- Ability to learn and display acceptable proficiency in client's applications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Data Center
- Positive mental attitude, solution architect, team builder
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
- Provide support to resolve data center infrastructure problems in support of the Data Center Infrastructure
- Perform analysis of Data Center infrastructure environment and resolve issues accordingly
- Participate in technical projects involving server, storage and network implementation infrastructure requirements
- Evaluate infrastructure hardware requirements and provide recommendations
- Respond to service requests from support groups, vendors and suppliers
- Maintain documentation of data center floor design, power and cabling layouts
- Provide comprehensive cable installation and testing
- Provide and maintain cable documentation and labeling
- Responsible to comprehend cable infrastructure requests, install, test and maintain as designed
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.