Data Center Facilities Engineer, Electrical
This position is responsible for efficiently managing, operating, and maintaining the critical building infrastructure for Oracle's 7 x 24 Utah Compute Facility (UCF) facility.
As a member of the facility engineering team, the position will oversee all aspects of the UCF's critical electrical systems. The position's roles will include the design, planning, construction, operations and maintenance of equipment, and building systems. In this role, the successful candidate will plan, budget, and schedule facility maintenance, including cost estimates on equipment, labor, materials and other related costs. The position will provide regular written facility/equipment operations metrics.
Members of the UCF's facilities engineering team will report to the Manager, Data Center Facilities Engineering. They will frequently interact with site supervisors and/or functional peer group managers, they will work directly with UCF's Assistant Building Site Manager, and will coordinate with counterpart positions at other Oracle data center locations. The role will require frequent interaction with external service providers. The successful candidate may interact with Oracle senior management and must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated understanding and experience with operating critical building infrastructure systems (mechanical, electrical, controls, etc.) is required. Experience with critical facility audit regimens (SOC, etc.) is recommended. Familiarity with email, Microsoft Office applications, and AutoCAD is essential. The person in this role must be willing to function in rotation as "On Call Engineer" and respond to after-hours for emergencies. Some travel may be required. 5 years prior facilities/operations management or equivalent is preferred. BA/BS degree (or equivalent) or pursuing same is preferred. Additional professional credentials preferred, such as PE, EIT, RPA/FMA or CFM." Duties/Responsibilities:
- Rotating shifts of 24x7 facility on-call responsibility.
- Monitor the building's HVAC, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance, site surveys, replacement of electrical and/or mechanical equipment.
- Oversee vendor facility maintenance.
- Perform operation, installation and servicing of peripheral devices.
- Oversee and assist with equipment start-ups, repairs and overhauls.
- Emergency response may be required when on-call
- Read and interpret blue prints, engineering specifications, project plans, and other technical documentation.
- Install, or oversee, the installation of power for customer orders and other electrical modifications as assigned
- Maintain data center documentation as assigned.These include maintenance verification documentation, blue print red lines, etc.
- Prepare Maintenance Window documentation for work to be performed.
- Prepare reports on facility performance.
- Able to create detailed MOPs for all maintenance and operational aspects of the center.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Strong electrical experience, with an active Utah State Journeyman Electrician License
- Strong troubleshooting/decision making skills
- Experience with UPS Systems, Protective Relays, PLC Control Switch Gear, Generators
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Self-motivated, with the ability to actively seek out opportunities to improve building infrastructure, team development, and process controls without prompting.
- Team player, desiring to be part of a high performance team with dynamic responsibilities
- 5 years experience in the design, maintenance or construction of Mission Critical Data Center Facilities.
Provide building and office management services for economy of operation and maximum usage of facilities and equipment. Work with external vendors to develop and implement facilities plans. Review vendor contracts, onsite vendor performance, timely work order completion, and construction related activities. Participate in collaborative space planning efforts with internal resources and user groups. Prepare and monitor annual property budget and other related costs in facility planning. This position will interface with both senior management as well as individual contributors.
As a member of our Real Estate and Facilities team, you will assist the building or office manager in all aspects of daily operations. This may include managing Oracle*s office space and equipment. Ensure adherence to company guidelines, processes and building and safety codes. Obtain, review and estimate design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, and preparation. Prepare annual budget. Conduct benchmarking.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. May have project lead role. Applies professional, technical, and operational depth and experience to continuously improve service quality. Good communication skills and familiarity with email and MS Office applications is essential. After hours contact for facilities emergencies, accessible via phone or pager. Degree, relevant certification or equivalent with 8 years prior facilities management or assistant property manager experience preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.