IBM Bluemix Infrastructure Data Center Managers practice leading by example, continuous improvement, forward thinking, and dedication to growing data center professionals. Data Center Managers are responsible for motivating the Server Build Team (Data Center Technician team) to continually execute the tasks required to operate our world-class data centers.
- Effectively oversee daily data center operations with respect to the facility, local technicians, and inventory
- Manage upwards of 30 individuals, observing technicians' performance, and serving as an escalation point for issues requiring escalations
- Evaluate scheduling to cover 24/7 operations - this includes interviewing and hiring applicants
- Create and implement the training, coaching, and overall development of the data center team members
- Efficiency improvements, process creation and improvement, and managing daily operational integrity
- Calculating metrics to analyze the performance of the data center technical staff
- Assist in the dissemination of information to employees via Team Meetings by actively contributing agenda items and effectively conveying that agenda to meeting participants
- Monitor the performance of and develop strong business relationship with vendors, carriers, and other outside agencies that interact with the data center
- Work closely with local facility engineering staff to ensure all infrastructure systems are operating within established tolerances, proactively maintained, and adequately serviced when necessary
- Properly forecast capacity planning with regards to space and power usage
- Successfully manage multiple projects relating to data center operations from planning to execution
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.