Additional Location(s) or Information: Greater New York, New Jersey
Job Category: Marketing
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1022508
What You'll Do
As a Data Center Marketing Manager for Cisco's Nexus, ACI and Tetration product portfolio, you'll be responsible for many aspects of the product marketing lifecycle. You'll work closely with your engineering, product management, marketing and sales counterparts to understand product roadmaps, features and customer use cases. You'll combine that with industry knowledge and market trends to bring new products, features and solutions to the marketplace by building impactful content, participating in industry events and working directly with customers and partners. Your goal will be to help drive market awareness, demonstrate thought leadership and help our sales teams bring differentiated value to their customers.
The primary responsibilities of this role are:
• Develop the messaging for your component of the Cisco portfolio and ensure proper amplification to sales, channel partners, press/analysts/industry influencers and end customers.
• Be the expert on customer personas and the dynamics of the buying center.
• Collaborate with the sales and product management organizations, channel partners and customers to continuously develop Cisco's understanding of data center customer needs and buying center dynamics
• Work closely with product management and technical marketing engineers to understand product differentiators, the roadmap and competitor weaknesses. Use this information to position and market key technical and business advantages and resulting customer benefits
• Partner with a virtual team of marketing and sales enablement professionals to drive creation and management of integrated content. Examples include solutions briefs, case studies, white papers, customer presentations, videos, blogs, wikis and webcasts.
Who You'll Work With
Our team works closely with the all major stakeholders across product business units, sales, business development, marketing and engineering around the globe. The team is comprised of people with various experiences and diverse backgrounds that will ensure disruption as well as innovation and will serve as an excellent platform to further develop yourself while contributing to the success of the team.
Are you a dynamic leader? If so, we need you. As a data center switching expert, you will collaborate with a virtual team across product management, global and regional marketing, analyst and public relations, and overlay sales teams to drive the growth of the Cisco Data Center Switching business. If you are ready to help write the next chapter in the story of modernizing the data center with innovation-focused product lines, look no further.
Who You Are
• Bachelor's degree
• 2+ years of technology product or solution outbound marketing experience and/or technical sales and/or product management
• Domain expertise in some or all of - Nexus or ACI product portfolio ( Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K, 3K, 2K and MDS) and/or related competitive DC switching technologies.
• Proficiency in message development, writing and presentation skills.
• Public examples of messaging and content developed by the candidate may be requested at time of interview
• Domain expertise in data center switching solutions topics including understanding of DC network architectures, SDN, ACI, and Analytics
• Demonstrated ability to structure customer-centric product positioning and messaging, align to corporate themes and gracefully de-position competitors
• Experience as a technology spokesperson with PR and AR audiences and presentation experience at industry events is a definite plus
• Demonstrated ability to build and implement a technology and solutions marketing plan including opportunity identification, offer development, customer segmentation, and competitive analysis
• MBA preferred
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Data Center
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.