Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
The Data Center Network Engineer will work full-time at the Schneider Electric Technology Center in O'Fallon Missouri. The role will include network assessments, design, refresh, troubleshooting, upgrades and monitoring all networking equipment related to Schneider's North American Data Center. Data Center Network Engineer
- Research, develop & deploy numerous technologies and network topologies in order to evolve and scale our data centers.
- Design, engineer and implement large scale Datacenter networks across multiple geographic locations.
- Refresh of aging Data Center Network Infrastructure Planning and Execution
- Application Load Balancer Configuration and Administration (F5)
- Comprehensive network documentation creation
- Creation of detailed documentation of existing and proposed architectures
- Provide efficient communication of network outages and availability
- Data center operations and critical facilities management
- Project scoping and management
- Network Monitoring, security & performance optimization
- Superior customer support – remote & in-person
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 5 years of experience with Linux
- 5 years of Experience with VMware
- Working knowledge of public and private cloud networking requirements
- 7-10 years’ experience in a networking role with complex troubleshooting
- Experience working in a multi-vendor network environment
- Experience troubleshooting TCP performance issues in data-center and global networks (knowledge of tcpdump/wireshark and similar tools)
- Ability to participate in a regular on-call rotation
- Understanding of network and server/storage hardware platforms and their specifications in the datacenter space
- Understanding and Experience with Network Virtualization, NSX, Software Defined Data Center, V-SAN
- 4 year degree or equivalent education and training
- Demonstrated ability to design enterprise networks
- Scripting Experience
- Use of network monitoring tools, such as SolarWinds
- Industry certifications (CCNP, CCDP, VCP, AWS Preferred)
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.