Are you passionate about technology? Do you love building new things? Do you want to develop the future of IBM's Cloud offerings? If you answered YES, then we have the right opportunity for you!
The shift toward the consumption of IT as a service, i.e., the cloud, is one of the most important changes to happen to our industry in decades. At IBM, we are driven to shift our technology to an as-a-service model and to help our clients transform themselves to take full advantage of the cloud. With industry leadership in analytics, security, commerce, and cognitive computing and with unmatched hardware and software design and industrial research capabilities, no other company is as well positioned to address the full opportunity of cloud computing.
The Cloud Innovation Lab is a team dedicated to ensuring that the IBM Cloud is at the forefront of cloud technology, from data center design to network architecture to storage and compute clusters to flexible infrastructure services. We are building IBM's next generation cloud platform to deliver performance and predictability for our customers' most demanding workloads, at global scale and with leadership efficiency, resiliency and security. It is an exciting time, and as a team we are driven by this incredible opportunity to thrill our clients. We are looking for a Data Center Operations Engineer with strong networking skills to join our team in Austin; someone who innovates & shares our passion for winning in the cloud marketplace.
The successful candidate will work as a Data Center Operations Engineer as part of the Cloud Innovation team with a focus on the following key responsibilities:
If you are passionate about scalable system software and cloud development and the opportunity to have great tools to work with then this may be the opportunity for you.Genesis
- Engineering, design & implementation services for new products & technologies.
- Build out new test and production environments on existing or new hardware
- Coordinate implementation & support efforts between DC Operations & other IBM IT Teams.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement solutions in deployment, monitoring, resiliency, telemetry and more.
- Work closely with the Data Center, the entire Cloud Innovation Lab development organization and IBM vendors to build out, maintain and operationally improve the cloud infrastructure.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.