Data Center Program Manager
Oracle Cloud currently has an opportunity available for a Data Center Program Manager to support infrastructure design, build, deployment, and operations in data center facilities.
The Data Center Program Manager will responsible for creating executable project plans with clearly defined milestones, reporting project status, issues/risks, mitigation plans, and creating operational documentation for deploying and maintaining data center facilities.
• Experience in project management for data center operations and migrations.
• Good understanding of data center cabling design and standards.
• Ability to apply independent and sound business judgment to solve complex issues.
• Works independently with minimal supervision required and can lead cross-functional teams to complete projects and major initiatives using judgment, experience, and leadership skills.
• Effective communication skills with all levels of management.
• Effectively manage project scope, timelines, and customer expectations.
• Partner with internal IT operations teams to ensure successful transition from delivery to day two operations.
• Ability to travel up to 25% domestic and international.
• 7 years of experience working in an IT Enterprise organization.
• Successful track record in completing multiple infrastructure projects.
• Must have a strong technical knowledge, which encompasses data center technologies and design.
• Ability to succeed through collaboration and working through other internal and external organizations and individuals.
• Strong leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to learn quickly and adjust to changing priorities while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.