Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
We are currently looking for an Account Executive
to join our team in the San Jose, CA area.
The person in this role will work with key accounts to provide product solutions, develop new business, and maintain positive ongoing relationships. Additional duties include working with other internal sales personnel to propose specific solutions for a given account, being responsible for the overall sales strategy, and planning and directing all sales activities and selling resources. This job represents a balanced sales effort of product and services. Role Responsibilities
- Gains access and manages relationships with senior level leaders and executives
- Identifies business trends and leverages strengths of the sales team to create a differentiated offering to position ourselves to capture business
- Identifies opportunities for junior account managers to fill a geographic or vertical coverage gap
- Identifies appropriate products and services to meet the full range of customer needs
- Identifies cost effective and practical alternatives for the assigned business area by bundling products/service "solutions" to maximize our opportunity while meeting customer's needs
- Point of contact for escalated issues
- Models and may coach effective team behavior
- Skillfully negotiates with others to achieve desired results
- May be assigned to a specific national account that traditionally is high in complexity and strategic importance to the firm
- Understands customers' business and solutions requirements
- Territory/account management, including account planning and sales forecasting
- Customarily and regularly engaged with decision makers at client facilities in performing primary duties
• Ability to influence others to achieve results
• Exhibits confident behavior
• Results driven
• Consultative and negotiation skills
• 4+ years relevant experience with a Bachelors (Non -Technical)
• Results driven
• Presentation and communication skills Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Outside Sales
Job ID: R19182