The Data Center Specialist position will provide day to day support in the operation and maintenance of the data center space, building infrastructure and support systems (AC Power, DC power, Generator, HVAC, fire suppression, etc.). The D.C.S. will provide technical guidance, vendor oversite, and hands on support during equipment installation and Integration activities. The D.C.S. will ensure that all equipment and interconnecting cabling is installed per the engineering documentation, while maintaining compliance with existing US Cellular installation standards, safety, and change management policy. The D.C.S. will be accountable for resolving engineering design and installation issue independently. The D.C.S. will collaborate and work in tandem with DCM’s and other teams ensuring assigned projects are completed on schedule.
• Support the Installation and removal of data center equipment as well as the termination, removal, testing, and labeling of all interconnects (cat5, coax, fiber) in the Schaumburg Data Center and US Cellular Carrier Hotel, and Regional Connectivity Centers
• Provide technical guidance and direction to U.S. Cellular® and vendor personnel in the proper installation and placement of equipment
• Determines rack level power ,space, and cooling requirements in effort to mitigate overload conditions
• Resolve engineering and installation issues developing and providing corrective actions as required
• Provide technical support and troubleshooting to US Cellular Engineering teams during platform integration activities.
• Troubleshoot electrical, optical, and connectivity issues
• Accountable for modeling of all equipment and interconnects change activity in the Data Center Infrastructure Management tool.
• Responsible for maintaining data center space assets and storage including performing periodic audits as directed
• Provides escort to contract staff, vendors, and carriers that require access for maintenance or project support ensuring all safety and security protocols are followed
• Assist the DCM in preparing SOW’s and securing competitive bidding for all contracted installation services.
• Partner with DCM’s in supporting Project and Data Center budget activities
THE PRECEDING JOB DESCRIPTION INDICATES THE GENERAL NATURE, ESSENTIAL DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED. IT DOES NOT CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO DO THIS JOB. TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY AN INDIVIDUAL MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM EACH ESSENTIAL DUTY SATISFACTORILY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND/OR ABILITY REQUIRED. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.