Are you an experienced Data Center Supervisor that has experience managing shifts of technicians performing racking & stacking to deployment & decommissioning - and everything in between? Interested in new challenges and being part of a newly created team working on critical projects? Then we'd like to talk to you!
An Oracle Data Center Supervisor is responsible for equipment maintenance tasks such as managing inventory, components and accessories; maintaining records and drawing schematics of the center to detail what equipment is installed. Customer support responsibilities might include escorting customers through the center on tours, responding to and coordinating with other organizations. Administrative duties might include scheduling employee shifts, planning for capacity changes, maintaining corporate databases and ensuring compliance with government regulations.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. Some travel will be involved. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- 3-8 years of supervisor experience managing techs in IT Infrastructure support and server administration in a mid-sized environment (200 - 1000 server systems).
- 3-8 years of supervising teams supporting and troubleshooting distributed, N-Tier applications, software, and operating systems.
• Must have demonstrated expertise in two or more of these areas:
o Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows Servers)
o Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
o Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
o Demonstrated examples of process improvement execution
o Demonstrated examples of a drive to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer problems
o Excellent oral and written communication skills
o Strong influencing skills
o Ability to work independently, with little direct management
o Open to provide after-hours support as needed
o Experience supporting large, Enterprise customers in an Operations environment Ideal candidates need to be familiar with the following:
• Responsible for supervising a team of techs in a 24/7/365 working environment
• Knowledge of data center ecosystem (cooling, electrical, networking, and structured cabling)
• IT Hardware Concepts:
- x86 Architecture
- Linux/Unix Administration:
- Boot Process
- File Systems
- Network device and protocol configuration
- Directory Structure
- Performance Management/Troubleshooting
- Base Operating System Install
- Some experience with Perl, Python, Bash or Java
- Core OS Services: ssh, telnet, ftp, nfs, dns, dhcp, samba, ldap, cvs
- Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, hot & cold aisle containment).
- Networking Protocols (OSI Model)
- Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards
- Project management, organization and problem solving skills with a drive for results.
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- The position has a physical component requiring the ability to lift up to 75 lbs and may require working in cramped spaces or elevated locations.
- Minimal travel will be required.
If this is the challenge you are looking for, and you meet the following requirements, we want to talk to you!
Role Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Act as technical liaison for our technical teams.
- Ability to understand internal customer problem and provide technical solution in timely manner
- Ability to understand customer urgency and sensitivity of problem
- Strong Verbal and Written communication skills
- Ability to speak confidently and communicate clearly with internal customers
- Ability to work well with demanding customer environment and delight customer
- Strong Adherence to Process and be process champion
- Participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all production server hardware, software.
- Provides escalated 2nd level technical support for complex technical issues which may include leading problem management cases and providing management status.
- Manages escalated support cases and leads appropriate internal technical resources and/or 3rd party vendors to resolution.
- Assist with server operating system and application upgrades, bug fixes and patching.
- Working on standardization projects for both hardware and software under the Oracle technology stack; while providing consistent system uptime as expected in a IaaS environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep up with the latest technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of network architecture and protocols.
- Experience with enterprise administrative scripting using a major scripting language (Powershell, Bash, Perl, etc.)
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to prioritize effectively, and experience with technical project management.
- Highly service-oriented, reliable, responsible, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers and staff.
- Experience providing client-facing, direct customer support and service.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional and tactful manner.
- Ability to work productively in cross-functional teams or resourcefully and independently as an individual.
Work with a world class team to develop, implement, and support cutting edge Oracle technology.
Leads a small team maintaining and/or implementing software project(s) or support system(s). Defines, documents and manages scope and manage daily activities of staff..
Coordinates the daily activities of a work group, setting priorities to ensure task completion. Provides technical/functional leadership as well as first line supervision, but does not have hire/fire authority. Interacts daily with staff and/or functional peer groups in the presentation of factual information. Good knowledge of the relevant applications area important. BA/BS degree preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.