Oracle Public Cloud
Data Center Technician
Taleo ID: 15001EC9
An Oracle Data Center Technician will be the technical liaison between the technology teams and the Lab Data Center Environment. You are able to troubleshoot and solve all but the most complex infrastructure issues. As a skilled troubleshooter on a wide range of Data Center environment and systems you understand which issues to escalated to the appropriate resolver groups. You create and maintain documentation on technologies you support. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate and make decisions on his/her own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved. Expected to improve current processes, and introduce automation with aim towards simplification.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. Some travel will be involved.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
• Minimum 2 years relevant experience in a Support / Operations role
• Minimum 2 years Quality Assurance experience
• Must have demonstrated expertise in two or more of these areas:
o Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows Servers)
o Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
o Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
o Demonstrated examples of process improvement execution
o Demonstrated examples of a drive to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer problems
o Excellent oral and written communication skills
o Strong influencing skills
o Ability to work independently, with little direct management
o Open to provide after-hours support as needed
o Experience supporting large, Enterprise customers in an Operations environment
Ideal candidates need to be familiar with the following:
• Knowledge of data center ecosystem (cooling, electrical, networking, and structured cabling)
• IT Hardware Concepts:
• x86 Architecture
• Linux/Unix Administration:
• Boot Process
• File Systems
• Network device and protocol configuration
• Directory Structure
• Performance Management/Troubleshooting
• Base Operating System Install
• Some experience with Perl, Python, Bash or Java
• Core OS Services: ssh, telnet, ftp, nfs, dns, dhcp, samba, ldap, cvs
• Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, hot & cold aisle containment).
• Networking Protocols (OSI Model)
• Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards
• Project management, organization and problem solving skills with a drive for results.
• Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
• The position has a physical component requiring the ability to lift up to 75 lbs and may require working in cramped spaces or elevated locations.
• Minimal travel will be required.
• * Employment for all candidates is contingent upon pass a background check.
If this the challenge you are looking for and you meet the following requirements, we want to talk to you
• Role Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Act as technical liaison for our technical teams. Find creative ways to optimize capital and operating costs. Champion standardization, innovate to simplify, increase efficiency while driving down cost. Develop and maintain supply chain relationships. Ensure that contractors and vendors are delivering quality services and that all SLAs are being met.
• Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliablility of the system. Manage the load configurations of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Coordinate terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing. Approves action requests and specifies purchase requisitions. Negotiates and places orders with common carriers. May play a team leader role for developing System Administrators.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.