An Oracle Data Center Technician will be the technical liaison between the technology teams and the Lab Data Center Environment. You are able to troubleshoot and solve all but the most complex infrastructure issues. As a skilled troubleshooter on a wide range of Data Center environment and systems you understand which issues to escalated to the appropriate resolver groups. You create and maintain documentation on technologies you support. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate and make decisions on his/her own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved. Expected to improve current processes, and introduce automation with aim towards simplification.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. Some travel will be involved. Qualifications
Ideal candidates need to be familiar with the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in a Support / Operations role
- Minimum 2 years Quality Assurance experience
- Must have demonstrated expertise in two or more of these areas:
- Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows Servers)
- Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
- Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
- Demonstrated examples of process improvement execution
- Demonstrated examples of a drive to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to work independently, with little direct management
- Open to provide after-hours support as needed
- Experience supporting large, Enterprise customers in an Operations environment
- Knowledge of data center ecosystem (cooling, electrical, networking, and structured cabling)
- IT Hardware Concepts:
- x86 Architecture
- Linux/Unix Administration:
- Boot Process
- File Systems
- Network device and protocol configuration
- Directory Structure
- Performance Management/Troubleshooting
- Base Operating System Install
- Some experience with Perl, Python, Bash or Java
- Core OS Services: ssh, telnet, ftp, nfs, dns, dhcp, samba, ldap, cvs
- Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, hot & cold aisle containment).
- Networking Protocols (OSI Model)
- Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards
- Project management, organization and problem solving skills with a drive for results.
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- The position has a physical component requiring the ability to lift up to 75 lbs and may require working in cramped spaces or elevated locations.
- Minimal travel will be required.
- * Employment for all candidates is contingent upon pass a background check.
If this the challenge you are looking for and you meet the following requirements, we want to talk to you
- Role Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Act as technical liaison for our technical teams. Find creative ways to optimize capital and operating costs. Champion standardization, innovate to simplify, increase efficiency while driving down cost. Develop and maintain supply chain relationships. Ensure that contractors and vendors are delivering quality services and that all SLAs are being met.
- Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
Assists with analyzing complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
As part of a software project implementation team, provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user needs. Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business specifications. Designs details of automated systems. May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems. May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
Job duties are varied and complex; independent judgment needed. May have project lead role. Prefer 5 years relevant experience and BA/BS degree.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.