Data Center Technician (Santa Clara, CA)
IBM Bluemix Infrastructure (SoftLayer, an IBM Company) offers a unified platform that gives you cloud computing any way you want it, deployed on demand, with a single pane of glass for systems management (one portal; one Application Programming Interface (API).
IBM is currently recruiting for Data Center Technicians to join the IBM Bluemix Infrastructure (SoftLayer, an IBM Company) team. There are multiple openings and shifts available.
- Essential Duties:Rack, build, cable, configure, and provision Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)
- Deployment of Cisco Layer 2 networking equipment
- Troubleshoot, test, quality assurance of server hardware
- Professionally resolve hardware issue via trouble ticket
- Create tickets within the ticketing system to address problems, incidents and changes of hardware
- Provide accurate and detailed logs within the ticketing and messaging systems for callouts and system alerts, as well as for communication and escalation steps taken to ensure prompt resolution of supported equipment, processes and teams
- Install, test and label cable and fiber using standard data center protocols and use cable management systems
Other Locations For This Job