Under close supervision of the Manager, Global Sourcing Master Data, the Data Coordinator is responsible for supporting the item catalog, purchase price, and supplier information that is maintained on the corporate files for all of the Suppliers that AmerisourceBergen does business with as well as for the products that AmerisourceBergen distributes. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Interacts extensively with other internal departments throughout the corporation in order to provide information, resolve issues, and to support cross functional projects; rapidly detects and corrects problems ensuring root cause of issue has been addressed.
- Works closely with associates in the Distribution Centers and Suppliers in order to accomplish tasks relative to researching information requirements regarding items, trading relationships and pricing.
- Collaborates with team members in order to continuously look for opportunities to improve processes.
- Ensures data accuracy and integrity of managed information in order to avoid rework.
- Responsible for taking ownership of the process and being accountable for the majority of data management changes; maintains item and pricing information for the corporate item files, including setting up new items.
- Responsible for new item setups for specific contracts, annual trade show, promotional activity as well as other projects as needed.
- Handles incoming inquiries such as information regarding item and supplier information and product setups.
- Supports Procurement by maintaining supplier and specialty files and information; provides support for departmental projects related to data management.
- Establishes exception reporting, researches data discrepancies and takes corrective action as appropriate.
- Utilizes and customizes the use of automated tools for mass data updates.
- Provides expertise and knowledge of products and item master processes.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires less than one (1) year directly related experience. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems, processes and procedures supporting Pricing and Data Management
- Working knowledge of purchasing, inventory management, order processing, invoicing, customer returns, receiving, supplier returns and inventory control systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Excellent data entry and computer application skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook