Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be. About TrialPay
TrialPay was acquired by Visa in 2015 for its unprecedented card-linked offer technology that allows merchants to grow their businesses and build stronger customer relationships. Joining our team means
you'll get the best of both worlds: the culture of a fast-paced startup with the security and scale of a Fortune 500 brand. Now, as part of Visa's Loyalty & Offers team, TrialPay is devoted to building forward-thinking products to give our partners a leg up. Here's a sample of what we've been working on:
- Launched Uber Local Offers in August 2016, a new way for riders to earn discounted rides by simply using the same Visa card on file with Uber at their favorite local merchants
- Leveraging Visa data to power our technology and ensure that we're serving the most relevant, personalized offers to consumers
- Driving value to high profile brands including Dunkin Donuts, Outback Steakhouse, Regal Entertainment, and Whole Foods Market.
- Building out the best-in-class APIs that accelerate the delivery of merchant solutions and data analytics to fuel business growth and strengthen customer relationships.
You can find out more about our products here: https://usa.visa.com/run-your-business/commercial-solutions/solutions/merchant-loyalty-card-programs.html Job Description
With access to one of the largest transactional data sets in existence, we are delivering insights and products that will change the way merchants drive loyalty and commerce.
The best candidate for this role has gotten their hands dirty in several Hadoop technologies and is comfortable building products that leverage terabytes of data. Ideally, you have deep expertise in machine learning or statistics and proven experience delivering predictive systems on big data. You will collaborate regularly with our team of Data Analysts and Data Scientists to create efficient data sets and scale models. From personalized recommendations to new rewards programs, the data that you surface will benefit consumers and merchant partners around the world. Responsibilities
- Design and implement data products using Hadoop technologies
- Analyze user transactions and research trends across merchants
- Streamline/automate merchant reports to aid other teams (e.g., enabling sales team with relevant data to close deals)
- Create and optimize distributed algorithms to scale out recommendation engine
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science/Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of work experience in Hadoop Data Engineering
- Proficient in one or more programming languages such as Java, C++, Python etc.
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Strong grasp of multi-threading and resource management
- Experience in writing optimized MapReduce code
- Experience working with large datasets in Hadoop (using scripts and tools - Pig/Hive etc.)
- Familiar with machine learning algorithms, including regression, GBM, recommendation systems, clustering, etc.
- Experience working with tabular databases like MySQL
- Strong analytics and problem-solving capabilities combined with ambition to solve real-world problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salary, comprehensive medical benefits, and 401(k) matching
- Free meals, snacks, beverages, and on-site fitness classes
- Friendly and collaborative open office environment
- Visa stock purchasing plan
- Ping-pong, hackathons, rooftop happy hours, and team-building offsites
- Offices in downtown San Francisco (close to BART) and Palo Alto (close to Caltrain)
- To learn more about us, visit us at: http://www.trialpay.com/about/company/
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.