The concept of "Blizzard polish," that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It's a responsibility shared across the company - and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA. We're searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let's get to work!
Join the ranks of a legendary force of adventurers, demons, orcs, and scientists to help provide the context and humanity of "why" and "how" our players engage with our games and help gather data across multiple groups to look at how we can apply Blizzard polish on projects underway. QA is looking for a Data Engineer to Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) and conduct data validation for our User Research Group and other business groups within QA. Class Role
- Develop processes to ETL data from production data sources to a centralized data warehouse.
- Design and develop star schemas based on business requirements to report key metrics.
- Troubleshoot any performance, system or data related issues, and work to ensure data consistency and integrity.
- Work closely with executives, team leads and game designers to provide insight into game and business data.
- Effectively communicate with users at all levels of the organization, both in written and verbal presentations.
- Extensive background extracting and transforming complex data sets, i.e. ETL process design and administration using Microsoft SSIS
- Strong experience working with relational database
- Champion of data and its potential to guide critical business and design decisions
- Extensive background extracting and transforming complex data sets (ETL process design and administration)
- Experience with database design and star schema data warehouse theory
- Expertise with DMExpress or other enterprise ETL tools
- Experience with Teradata or other MPP database
- Strong technical understanding of data modeling, design, architecture principles, and techniques to take business requirements from concept to implementation
Required Application Materials
- Previous experience with the Hadoop eco-system (HDFS, Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, etc.)
- Knowledge of Linux architecture and scripting
- Knowledge of statistical models and machine learning
- Knowledge of JIRA, Testrail or other project/test management suites
- Passionate video gamer and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment games, products, and services
- Cover Letter (optional)
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.