- Overview of the Position
The Applied Research team supports Commercial Lines through class plan development, advanced pricing, underwriting research, operations research, marketing analytics and product innovation. The Analytics Data Mart (ADM) team creates and supports the data to create predictive model/class plan development and performance monitoring.
This role will be part of a small, dedicated hybrid business/IT team developing and supporting Commercial Lines data assets to be used by Actuarial and Data Science teams.. This role involves interaction with the various business segments and analytical partners in Actuarial. We seek candidates with a data background as well as good analytical skills, interpersonal skills and business acumen. The ideal candidate is a person who wants to learn more about data, learn more about the models that feed requirements, and how to execute quickly with a high performing team.
The primary responsibilities for the position will include the following:
• Perform customer support for current Research data assets, including diagnosis and resolution of data issues.
• Work with business customers to help develop requirements for new data structures.
• Perform data analysis and testing to ensure high quality assets.
• Support development of training materials.
• Partner with IT to oversee implementation of work efforts.
• Support documentation, metadata and data visualization of the assets.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Statistics, Business, Computer Science, MIS or related field.
- 3-5 years of data analysis, business analysis
- 2-3 years of experience in the P&C insurance industry (Actuarial, Underwriting, Product Management, IT)
- Strong SQL skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD