The candidate will be supporting Integration Competency Center organization that is part of the Data Asset Management organization in the Enterprise Data Office (EDO).
The developer will play a multi-faceted role, including leading application/design development, scoping of efforts for delivery, estimating work, and testing for quality. They will be responsible for defect management for the team and will assist in delivery for a large program. Candidates will be expected to have the ability to handle multiple critical issues and deliver outcomes in an aggressive timeframe.
The successful candidate will help manage and develop the next generation systems using Operational Data Store (ODS), this core integration platform will be leveraged for business needs in Commercial Lines portfolio. The position requires in-depth experience and understanding of multiple programming languages, systems, analysis and design, integration, and software development methodologies. This position requires close interaction and collaboration with Project Managers, Lead Business Analysts, application and enterprise architects, application technical leads, vendor partners (both onsite and offshore), and other application development teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Quality and completeness of detailed technical specifications, solution designs, and code reviews as well as adherence to the non-functional requirements.
- Acting as a point of contact for technical issues.
- Providing oversight to ensure the proper application of design patterns, frameworks and services to improve consistency and reduce complexity.
- Ensuring that technical documentation and technical artifacts are accurately prepared, maintained and catalogued.
- Identifying opportunities to reuse strategic components and reduce over-customization.
- Maintaining the health of the ODS system, support invest and maintenance activities for ODS platform
- Responsible for estimating the effort for work activities and assisting peers and matrix team for successful execution of work activities
- Identify, document and communicate technical risks, issues and alternative solutions discovered during project
- Performing production incident analysis and code fix including coordination with vendor offshore resources and on-call (rotation schedule) support during off-hours
- Supporting maintenance/enhancement changes - analysis, code fix and testing
2 year degree with computer science/electrical/electronics as major field of study
•Minimum 3 years of integration expertise using application platforms such as ODS, Siebel, ESB and other transactional platforms using .NET and Java
•Experience in insurance industry is preferred
•Three years of Object Oriented application development experience in a structured environment with a defined software development lifecycle.
•Expertise in Service Oriented Architecture is a must with hands on experience building web services with strong working knowledge in HTTP, XML, SOAP, WSDL and Siebel Enterprise Application Interfaces.
•Minimum of two years of experience in relational databases including Oracle, SQL Server and or DB2.