The Hartford has invested in, and has been successfully executing on, a multi-year strategy to create a sustained culture of process excellence and continuous improvement, enabling achievement of our vision of being an exceptional company celebrated for financial performance, character and customer value.
The Reserving support team, within the Actuarial Information Services department, is seeking a detail-oriented, results-driven Data Engineer/Developer to help maintain and enhance our reporting applications.
Our ideal candidate should demonstrate excellent software development skills in Oracle PL/SQL and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced development environment. Candidate should be skilled in performing data analysis, eliciting technical requirements and have strong customer interfacing skills with an ability to work on complex initiatives. Responsibilities:
- Understand and implement the overall required technical changes for our applications, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts, integration across the organization
- Assisting in detailed data analysis and questions from our customers
- Identifying areas of opportunity to improve or enhance existing processes
- Proactively accesses technical issues and risks that could impact the filing of our data
- Collaborates with other teammates to develop sustainable solutions related to application issues, defects and ensure root cause identification
- Identifies opportunities to reuse strategic components and reduce system complexities
- Apply appropriate knowledge and techniques necessary to draw out requirements completely and accurately from stakeholders
- Results driven with commitment to meeting deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
High level of independence, but is also a team player that demonstrates a high level of ownership.Qualifications:
• Experience in Oracle PL/SQL application development
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Actuarial Science or related field
• Strategic thinking skills. Ability to provide options and assess solutions with Lean Management concepts
• Strong written and oral communication skill with the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to adjust to changing priorities
• We will consider Entry Level candidates Behaviors at The Hartford:
Strive for Excellence
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD