INTERVIEWS- Set expectations with the managers that these interviews will be one and done. They are ready to move on this immediately.
Team notes: currently 8 people but growing to potentially double that
This team has 3 main functions:
* Produce data modelling for all areas in the digital line of business including Payments, Emerging Payments, Accounts, etc
* Data Engineering- work with the actual data and make sense of it. Data conditioning, data manipulation etc
* Functional Engineering- data tools (tableau, Talend), ETL tools, metadata, models for Cassandra / Hive
Data Engineer notes- they will take any of these
All candidates should have big data experience and transactional data experience. They do not want a data warehousing person.
* Extract load data into Hive
* One of the main tasks is to build dashboards. This should be more than 70% of what they do
* Big data experience- Hadoop, Hbase, Spark, Hive, Kafka(preferred), etc
* Cassandra experience is a plus.
* Expert level Python skills- python responding packages
* Move data in and out of Cassandra / Hadoop
* They expect a sound Python Developer can deal with any data source
* Build packages
* Web Services (REST/SOAP)
* Database experience (Oracle or DB2)
* Big data development experience is a must- Hadoop, Hive, Kfka, Hbase, etc
Our client serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Our 129,000 employees serve our customers in 57.5 million households by following their Five Keys to a Great Customer Experience.
Within their organization, Digital offers the innovation solutions through web and mobile channels. The demand has driven the rapid growth as well as fast paced delivery of technology solutions.
We are looking for an experienced Technologist/Data Engineer who is responsible for ensuring that the data assets of an organization are in good conditions. The data engineer should be the "go to" person for understanding, resolving any operational data related questions/issues/needs. This role mainly covers Digital's operational subject domains, such as party/account, payment, Alerts, etc, by providing services like data conditioning, data fixing, data migration, etc in both DB2, SqlServer and Cassandra environment
* Design and develop data processing tasks in Cassandra and DB2 environments
* Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data migration, data quality improvement, and data set creation
* Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks on both relational (Db2), NoSql(Cassandra) and Hadoop environments
* Design and implement solutions for data re-conciliation, data delivery as well as data forensics.
* Design and develop DB2 store procedure, Queries in both DB2 and Cassandra environment
* Implement data technology solutions in the area of master data, metadata, and reference data
* Design and implement data analytics solution using tools like dash boarding, reporting.
* BS in Computer Science or in related fields, higher degree preferred.
* 10+ year working experience in application development and data processing
* Versatile data collection, curation, preparation and transformation skills/experience for diverse needs
* Clear verbal and written communication; demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers from a variety of disciplines
* Strong database development skills in Store procedure, Query language, performance optimization in RDBMS (DB2) as well as Cassandra and Hadoop
* Implementation skills such as in Java, Python, and scripting in Linux environment
The Ideal Candidate Has:
* Strong logical reasoning and problem solving skills.
* Breadth and depth of skills in data processing area to solution large scale data set problems.
* Deep knowledge and experience with DB2 UDB and Cassandra, related software tools, and performance optimization techniques
* An obsession with delivering an exceptional customer experience and site resiliency
* Desire, initiative and resourcefulness to learn new tools, frameworks, languages
* BigData development experience using one of the programming languages (Java, Python)
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.