Job: Software Engineering
Job Number: 161549
Are you passionate about conceptualizing, nurturing, developing and proving new ideas and developing them into new solutions? Would you like to help create the next major innovation in and around the payment landscape pioneering and leveraging the most advanced devices, hardware and software in the world, anything and everything in and around world's largest payment ecosystem?
Are you looking to join a start-up or an incubator so that you could convert your ideas into real products? Come join us.
Visa will provide the tools, the environment, the eco-system and the support you need. You will find an informal, innovation friendly environment at 1 Market St in the middle of San Francisco downtown, overlooking some sweeping views of the Bay and Bay Bridge.
Interested? Read on and apply...
- Experience with Big-Data Cluster-Computation: Hadoop/Hive/Pig and related technologies
- Experience in design and development of ETL pipelines
- Experience in relational databases and SQL
- Experience in Data Modeling, Conformed-Dimensions while working with variety of data-sources
- Experience in creating pivot-tables, cubes (likes of SSAS), reports (likes of SSRS) and dashboards
- Familiarity with modern web application development, based in Ruby, Python, Java, Node.js, or the likes.
- Strong Computer Science background and analytical skills
- Education - Bachelor's in Computer Science and 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Ruby)
- Experience with Predictive Modeling, Forecasting
- Experience with payments industry
- Experience building REST APIs
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the
entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is
everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.