We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
Processes check request vouchers for payment of approved legal bills; records and maintains subsidiary records involving individual case expenses; reconciles statements and/or invoices; responds to inquiries regarding statements and/or invoices; inputs statistical information and other data into computer system; assists in answering telephones; and performs routine assignments. Essential Job Functions
- Receives, codes, and processes invoices pertaining to legal and departmental operating expenses, including but not limited to special projects.
- Reviews and evaluates invoices and required detail in support thereof and resolves discrepancies.
- Discusses and resolves with assigned outside legal firms' accountants, or managing attorneys: billing errors, missing invoices, service detail and support, past due balances, etc.
- Prepares request for check voucher; processes voucher and tracks from department routing to Accounts Payable.
- Maintains bookkeeping, records, expense files, and diary system.
- Prepares and types correspondence to assigned outside legal firms regarding their billings and accounts.
- Enters cost data into computer or data processing system.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary, however, the incumbent must be able to speak and hear normal conversation, and read normal newsprint, have the ability to lift 20 lbs., climb normal stairs and stepstools, and reach to a height requiring complete extension of the torso, arms and legs. Physical Environment
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment. Education Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent. Experience Requirements
One year of bookkeeping, accounting, and statistical-type duties or other related experience. Special Skill Requirement
Ability to type 50 wpm, use a 10 key calculator by touch and use a CRT. Ability to speak, read, write and understand the English language. An Equal Opportunity Employer
A little about us: