We are looking for an experienced Data Governance leader to drive our data governance and management to the next level. The successful candidate will develop and implement data governance processes while leading a team of analysts. The data governance manager will be responsible for creating and monitoring data quality capabilities, as well as providing oversight for data standards and processes across all data domains within the Prudential Retirement organization. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and enhance the existing data governance infrastructure within the Prudential Retirement organization
- Promote ongoing engagement of data stewards and data domain owners within the data governance infrastructure
- Establish process owners within the data governance infrastructure
- Engage with and act as a resource for business leaders
- Drive the capture of business definitions, taxonomies and linkage to technical lineage within the metadata tool (IBM Infosphere)
- Develop data quality standards and implement monitoring processes
- Drive delivery and implementation of data quality initiatives to ensure organizational goals are met
- Build and conduct data quality maturity assessments
- Develop capacity models, analyze consumption of resource time, and create metrics to measure ongoing activity within the team
- Grow and develop talent by creating strong individual development plans and creating accountability for self and associates to execute
- Timing & budget discipline. Delivery of established project goals on time, within budget and within scope.
EXPERTISE - WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU TO BRING:
- Bachelor's degree (An equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered).
- Minimum of 5 years of proven data governance/data management experience.
- Knowledge of data governance, data quality, and Master Data Management concepts
- Proven track record of success in leading people
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Possesses strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Can articulate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Superior problem solving abilities; applies good judgement
- Can work effectively with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Understanding of data quality reporting methodologies and capabilities
- Desire to learn and stay current on data governance and data management industry trends
- Advanced Microsoft Office user
- Familiarity with IBM Infosphere a plus
- Flexible; embraces change
- Possesses a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize issues
- Delivers timely, high quality results
- Can be effective in group settings as well as independently
We offer a generous total compensation package for our employees on their first day of employment including immediate enrollment in our benefit plans, retirement plan participation, paid time off, and a rewards and recognition plan that includes pay for performance compensation.
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.