IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting role, the Data Governance SME will be expected to support the development of the Client's information management and security program in order to help implement governance strategy, structure and practices, while protecting the integrity, availability, and confidentiality of the agencies data.
- You will be working closely with the Executive Architect to identify processes and techniques that promotes data governance and secure communications and the appropriate protection of information among applications and repositories.
- You will assist in establishing information governance in compliance with the Client's standards to ensure that information and applications delivering information in a consistent and secure manner.
- You will be working directly with the business and technical organizations to gather and document appropriate information policies, standards, and guidelines for existing and future sources of information.
- Will play a senior technical leader role by providing coaching, mentoring and guidance to the Client and the IBM.
- The outcome of the project will be the establishment of an information governance program, common information security framework, and patterns of secure data access leveraged by key agency systems.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policiesBENEFITS
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population. CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role. CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
.PSHJ 1SCTY DCHJ GBSPSDC
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.