We are in a data science renaissance.
Companies that embrace data science will lead and those who do not will fall behind.
To help IBM's clients lead, we are building an elite team of data science practitioners to help them learn how to succeed with data science. The team will include data engineers, machine learning engineers, operations research /
optimization engineers and data journalists.
The team will engage directly in solving real-world data science problems in a wide array of industries around the globe with IBM clients and internally to IBM. The elite team of data scientist will work with other IBMers and client data science teams to solve problems in banking, insurance, health care, manufacturing, oil & gas and automotive industries, to name a few. We will teach the data scientists and sometimes people who desire to be data scientist to:
- Establish the importance of a data journalist as part of a data science practice inside of IBM and our clients programs
- Work with teams on best practices of defining their audience
- Work with data scientists and clients to represent the output of the MVPs and use cases in a manner that is informative and consumable
- Mentor internal and client teams on proper data visualization practices.
- Create clear, concise and deep interactive dashboards using data and output of predictive and prescriptive models
- Create visualizations that work on as many platforms as possible
Preferred Work Locations: New York
While working across all these industries, you will also get to travel the World as these engagements will require that the team spend several weeks at client sites working on data science problems with a diverse team.
As a member of the team you will have a T-shaped skill set, having a broad knowledge base in Data Science and Industry Solutions in general, but also in- depth expertise in data visualization.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.