Data Management Platform (DMP) Project Manager
Posted: January 11, 2017
Reference ID: 170000XP
We are looking for a highly-motivated, relationship focused, results-driven person who is passionate about turning strategic plans into practical business opportunities resulting in revenue and who has a proven record of doing so in the past.
We need someone to manage internal coordination around our Data Managem ent Platform (DMP). You will be working across multiple business units within Oracle, and will work closely with cross-functional teams and executives ranging from sales to product to engineering and support. You must gain an understanding of what is currently working in the platform and what needs to change. It will be your job to get buy-in from senior leadership and implement the changes and to manage the success of the platform, with a focus on generating revenue and improving customer satisfaction and retention. The changes will be conducted in a "team" setting-but you will lead the workstreams, with input from key stakeholders across the organization. Candidates should be self-motivated with a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
You will also be tasked with supporting our existing DMP business teams - with various aspects such as RFPs (both completing them and getting input from stakeholders) and account alignment (coordinating communication across teams).
The hiring manager is based in Colorado, but this role can be based out of Colorado, New York, or San Francisco and will likely require travel (about one week per month).
You must be able to juggle multiple engagements simultaneously while keeping a broader internal group informed of your progress. If you thrive on change, run with new challenges, are exceptionally organized, great at building relationships and you're interested in what you've read so far, you have the qualities we're looking for in a candidate.
Here's a summary of the skills you'll need for this position:
• Industry knoweldge. You know what a DMP is and you understand how customers use it to accomplish their business objectives.
• Analytical. What trends are we seeing in the market overall and in our business that can help us make the right decisions?
• Insightful. How do we take a massive amount of information and draw out the most important takeaways?
• A natural storyteller. Weaves together information in a way that influences decisions and drives actions. Focuses on the customer by creating a compelling value proposition.
• Charismatic and team-oriented. The role will require getting buy-in from many players that don't report into the core team.
• Experienced. Minimum 3-6 years of project management, consulting, or partner management experience
• Knowledgeable. Extensive knowledge of the internet and online advertising, including using data for targeting and measurement
• Successful. Proven track record of developing strategic business relationships, structuring creative and successful partnerships and scaling engagements
• Motivated. Demonstrated ability to self-motivate, guide teams, work in teams and be flexible within a fast-paced and changing environment
• BA/BS degree required
Responsible for the identification of relevant new business opportunities and designs "go-to-market" plan to deliver measurable and significant revenues. Pursues sales opportunities in the market, and carries the baton in the beginning of the sales cycle.
A Business Development Representative is assigned to strategic accounts which may be grouped by industry where Oracle has a limited presence. Acts as primary liaison between Consulting, Sales, and Oracle Development for the product*s sales opportunities. Generates business opportunities through prospecting mass market programs and leveraging third party partners. Develops and coordinates a worldwide relationship with customers that establishes Oracle as a preferred vendor and optimizes Oracle*s sales of product. Executes aggressive strategies and plans to successfully drive the product as the preferred customer selection. Provides account representatives with information on how the product addresses specific needs, and assists account representatives in using Oracle*s products to leverage large revenue opportunities. Assists in articulating product message, coordinates technical resources and hands off deals to a successful close.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 - 7 years of progressively increased responsibilities in sales or sales management preferred. Marketing and business development experience preferred. Demonstrated aptitude for solving business problems using technology and applications. Ability to work with and communicate effectively with multiple colleagues in a team selling environment. Business and account planning implementation experience. Conversant in Oracle technology and product strategies. Strong executive selling skills as well as a demonstrated success in establishing and developing client relationships. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to travel. BA/BS degree or equivalent.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.