As part of the Global R&D Process, Systems and Information function, the Data Manager role manages and facilitates discussions and decisions between the Business, R&D SME's, and BIS by demonstrating a deep understanding of the Global R&D Business Processes & Data Standards and related IT-Applications. Roles and Responsibilities:
In support of the Global R&D Data Governance Model and Change process, provides in-depth understanding/knowledge of R&D data standards in order to:
- As part of the requirements development process, acts as subject matter expert on translation of Global R&D Business Process & Data Standards to the IT-Applications.
- Develops business and user requirements and leads reviews with BIS in support of Tech IA Assessment.
- Functional understanding of the IT-Applications and associated data elements in order to support all aspects of the project lifecycle methodology.
Partners with PSI System Platform Leads to:
- Facilitate Subject Matter Experts/Data Stewards reviews of data changes
- Review, update and maintain Master data reference lists and other associated data standards documentation
- Summarize and prepare data upload templates
- Performs spot checks on any data changes in ITE prior to release
Partners with R&D and BIS resources to plan and execute testing activities, including:
- Support data migrations to new/upgraded systems
- Facilitates data mapping and cleansing activities
- Validates prepared data to ensure R&D data standards adherence
- Supports change impact analysis on major data related changes
- Identifying and communicating with appropriate testers for planning and execution
- Developing UAT test scenarios and cases
- Coordinating UAT testing for system change requests
- Manages metrics with BIS and provides appropriate status and escalation where needed
- Supports IT-Application training activities by defining test use cases/conditions to be used in training development, coordinating with PSI Training Manager.
- Liaises between the business and BIS on special projects to provide input/changes/updates to system data needs & requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Scientific discipline such as Food Science or Chemistry with 5+ years' experience; Food or beverage industry experience a plus; Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Business processes (e.g., R&D Product development, Quality/Food Safety).
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills; i.e., the ability to problem solve using intimate knowledge of the system and system data, as well as business processes. Knowledge of PQP Suite of Applications a plus.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Organized with good time-management skills, able to multi-task and manage competing priorities in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Demonstrates a Master level with Excel including pivot tables, data manipulation, macros, etc.
- Ability to work comfortably both independently and in a team environment
- Sensitive and appreciates the diverse cultures and people handling skills in order to take others along and thereby creating an inclusive culture.
Eligible for Limited Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.