Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The M&A Data Manager is responsible for identifying HR M&A data needs and metrics and ensuring the integrity of all data used to support M&A reporting needs, key people initiatives support and People organizational functions. The successful candidate will be comfortable with manipulating large data sets, working across various teams and levels of seniority. They will be required to work autonomously and professionally to meet tight deadlines, while striving to deliver and an excellent level of customer service. This role would be ideal for an individual who is proactive, able to manage their time and workload effectively and has a great deal of attention to detail, with a passion for using data to drive decision-making in a corporate environment.
- Design, develop and automate M&A data management and analytics solutions supporting all phases of Provide support for all phases of acquisition work (opportunity identification and screening, due diligence, integration planning, etc.)
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with multiple functional teams including but not limited to target company, HR, operations, finance, information technology, business unit.
- Set master data management standards for M&A data, define and enforce data governance procedure and ensure data integrity across multiple functions.
- Prioritize work to manage multiple work streams, high-pressure situations, and new information across multiple geographical markets and stakeholder groups.
- Manipulate and analyze large data sets from disparate sources to create effective, scalable, and easy to understand reports.
- Maintain the quality and integrity of data stored in ACCESS databases and other appropriate tools.
- Conducts analysis and identify trends in order to support reporting requirements.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in M&A data sets.
- Run and analyze reports per requests of organizational departments and/or leadership.
- Effective communication of status, progress and assessments to all stakeholders in a timely and consistent manner.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar position, preferably in an M&A team environment.
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to the ambiguities and changing needs of a deal-oriented environment.
- Experience in data extraction and relational database.
- Ability to design and modify complex Excel formulas and embedded formulas - Array formulas, Advanced charts and Macros.
- Customer focused individual with proven experience in delivering complex analysis within short time frames, managing multiple stakeholders.
- Proactive, and takes ownership of day-to-day activities, seeing deliverables through to completion.
- Strive for a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in the work they deliver.
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) skills, including logically structuring and delivering presentations.
- High aptitude to learn quickly, assimilate to new teams and projects, and work well under pressure with appropriate attention to detail.
- Organized, deliberate, and reliable in structuring work, and effective as a problem solver.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.