The Data Scientist will be responsible for data mining and statistical analysis of large complex data sets. The Data Scientist will apply Machine Learning techniques to find what matters most and apply knowledge about data science by creating algorithmic solutions to make necessary assessments. The candidate will be the sole data science expert on the operations BI team and function as the go to SME and lead for predictive analytics, machine learning and providing data insights.
• Apply advanced statistics, data mining, trend/predictive analysis and machine learning techniques to develop decision support capabilities for operational activities.
• Work closely with senior leadership and six sigma team to analyze and solve business problems at their root using advanced mathematical algorithms.
• Develop and own business-level forecasting algorithms and applications (service, operations, product & customers).
• Develop relevant metrics that enable improved decision-making, drive value stream enhancement and continuous improvement.
• Provide monthly and quarterly analysis and forecasts reports. Develop methods to help users understand and use the reports.
• Influence strategic and tactical business decisions based on insights into future demand.
• Make insights from data such as signal history, customer attrition, security system events and customer tickets.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners and organizations in the design and execution of analytic studies to answer business and research questions.
• Coach and Mentor less experienced colleagues and internal customers of work performed.
• Understand data abnormalities and account for them in any analysis performed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Advance degree (Master's or PhD) in statistics, computer science, engineering, IT, economics, mathematics, operations research or other related fields in quantitative or analytical discipline.
• 3+ years of industry experience fitting statistical and machine learning models. In lieu of advance degree, candidate should have Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of relevant experience.
• Strong knowledge of the mathematical foundations of statistical inference and forecasting such as time series analysis, multivariate analysis, cluster analysis, and optimization.
• Strong self-learning skills. Ability to pick up and adapt modeling methods from case studies or other proven approaches.
• Proficient programming and analytical skills in major data science toolkits such as R and Python.
• Excellent skill level in SQL. Knowledge of working with database client tools such as Toad.
• Knowledge of Data Mining, Clustering & Statistical Modelling must.
• Ability to utilize Business Intelligence tools (Power BI) to represent insights.
• Proven ability to leverage data, advanced analytics to deliver actionable insights, guide strategic decisions.
• Ability to work with both Oracle and MS SQL Server knowledge.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Visio.
• Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
• Ability to build rapport, cultivate working relationships and drive collaboration across teams.
• Must be an adaptable self-starter and work with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to juggle multiple projects and organize time effectively.
• Superior documentation and organizational skills. Must be detail oriented.
• Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic environment.
Must be willing to put in extra time and effort if need be. Go above and beyond the requirements of the job and strive to exceed expectations
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.