Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
This position will be responsible for assisting with executing activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance of, and adherence to the Global Privacy Program. The position will focus on the privacy impact assessment strategy and implementation, including mergers and acquisitions privacy impact assessment, diligence and integration.
• Monitoring compliance to the Global Privacy Program and define and gather metrics to include in periodic reporting.
• Creating and preparing reporting of metrics and key observations.
• Mapping and monitoring the workflow of personal data across the organization.
• Creating and updating personal data inventory records.
• Conducting Privacy Impact Assessments and privacy vendor assessments.
• Developing and presenting privacy training materials.
• Maintain current knowledge of applicable privacy requirements and accreditation standards, and monitor advancements in technologies.
• Support organization of privacy collateral and capabilities
The successful candidates should also be able to offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, agility to quick adapt to changing priorities at hand, and be able to effectively work and communicate collaboratively / cross-functionally with multiple teams located in different geographies. Candidate must have a hands-on approach to data analysis, strong intellectual curiosity and attention to detail and organization, and a passion for achieving practical business impact. Qualifications/ Education/Experience/Skills:
- 2-5 years of compliance, privacy, policy, control or similar experience.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of driving results and building effective relationships with all levels of management.
- Possess sound judgment, flexibility and nimbleness in changing courses and solving problems swiftly.
- Strong project management skills, including attention to detail and effective organization.
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, manage projects and drive/achieve results, while working with minimal direction.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, including pivots, macros and senior leadership level presentation quality.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.