Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
This position will be responsible for performing analytics and column level validation for data residing in multiple databases to enable adherence to the Global Privacy Program.
This position is responsible for applying system analysis techniques and procedures, evaluating results and completing assigned tasks which are crucial to the effectiveness of PayPal's Global Privacy Program.
This role will be responsible for:
- Querying and viewing multiple databases across technical landscape for validating the results produced by a data management tool. Multiple records (50-100 rows) to be sampled from each column and the analyst should be in a position to make a determination as to the category of data contained in the column
- Maintain records of the exceptions noted during performing data validation tasks
- With the aid of modelling techniques and statistical software - analyze, extract key insights from model outputs, interpret statistical results, and communicate findings to the stakeholders
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes, and data pipelines for large scale data analyses
The role is data-intensive and the successful candidates should be extremely comfortable working with large sets of data and deliver business insights from the data using analytical techniques. The successful candidates should also be able to offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, and be able to work collaboratively / cross-functionally with multiple teams, located in different geographies. Candidate must have hands-on approach to data analysis, strong intellectual curiosity, and a passion for achieving practical business impact. Qualifications/ Education/Experience/Skills:
- Degree in Statistics/Economics/Mathematics/ Information Management or a quantitative field preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in business consulting, ecommerce, search, or financial services
- Hands on experience with SQL/Hive/Spark, data mining
- Hands on experience with statistical tools like: R, Python, Tableau
- Reporting experience using Access or Excel (pivot tables, look-ups, advanced formulas, regressions, etc.)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Possess sound judgment, flexibility and nimbleness in changing courses and solving problems swiftly
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, manage projects and drive/achieve results, while working with minimal direction
- Future career opportunities with international exposure via PayPal's network of global locations
- A supportive and diverse environment that allows our employees to thrive and learn
- Attractive compensation and benefits
An opportunity to be a part of a company that has just been voted Best Place to Work in 2017
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.