Robert Half Technology is working with a client located in the Lodi/Medina/Wadsworth, OH area who is looking to hire a Data Reference Analyst.
A professional, working under minimal supervision, who provides strategic and tactical support to the organization by analyzing and interpreting the data to provide creative solutions. Performs data analysis with regard to client requests and develops rules and methodologies for effective data management. They are the data interpretation expert, and should have knowledge of data tools and computer systems technology. Provides leadership, technical direction and long term planning to the group. Leads medium to large groups in complex projects.
1. Working under minimal supervision, is responsible for data analysis, data profiling, data sourcing and data requirements.
2. Builds on knowledge and understanding of the data definitions, domain values, data relationships, business rules, sources and data integration for each subject area and/or input source file.
3. Assists in gathering requirements. Responsible for documenting functional and non-functional data requirements.
4. Partners with technical teams to create/validate and enhance source to target mapping documents.
5. Participates in analysis and design of new applications and enhancements to existing applications, determining its impact on legacy and other relational data stores.
6. Leads medium to large groups in complex projects.
7. Identifies, loads and manages application specific reference data.
8. Provides production support to existing applications, as needed.
9. Performs quality assurance functions, including but not limited to system/application/code walkthrough, validation of test procedures, and verification of test results against acceptance criteria.
10. Analyzes and identifies any data quality concerns and/or cleansing opportunities to correct any data quality anomalies.
11. Facilitates resolution between technical, business and other stakeholders, associated with data quality.
12. Serves as a peer mentor to less experienced data analysts as needed.
13. Understands and ensures alignment with data architecture direction.
14. Actively participates in special projects, including leading projects, as assigned.
1. Minimum of 7 years of experience as a Data Analyst.
2. Demonstrated strong analysis skills necessary to handle all aspects of tasks required; including analytical skills, critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, information gathering skills, business to IT translation of data requirements, use case development and extensive testing execution.
3. Demonstrated general programming aptitude.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of database concepts and data principles.
5. Demonstrated experience with data tools such as Quality Stage, Information Analyzer, ERwin, Cognos, and Excel.
6. Demonstrated experience in data integration and reference data techniques.
7. Proven ability to manage/plan multiple tasks on an extended basis and within deliverable time frames.
8. Demonstrated excellent SQL skills.
9. Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field or commensurate experience.
For inquiries, please contact Lorrie Passeos directly at 330-253-8160 or email@example.com.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.