IBM Cognitive Innovation Center (CIC) in Columbus, OH is seeking Lead Data Science Consultants. These candidates will have a strong mathematics or statistics background, and will have worked with Statistical Package for the Social Science (SPSS), Statistical Analysis System (SAS), Python (e.g., scikit-learn), R or other machine learning tools. Lead Data Science Consultants are responsible for supervising project teams in successful delivery of advanced analytics solutions and services in a client consulting environment and are experienced in the areas of statistics software. Typical project tasks include creating Proof of Concepts (POCs), defining key business problems to be solved, formulating mathematical approaches to solve those problems, processing of data to solve those problems, and, finally, developing, analyzing, and drawing conclusions and giving presentations. These consultants will be working on teams in the CIC and across IBM Global Business Services, focusing on specific advanced analytics solutions that drive client business value.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise on a range of analyses including descriptive, predictive or prescriptive use-cases.
- Lead Data Science team to successful delivery.
- Conduct data analysis using advanced skills in statistics and database management.
- Interact with senior client representatives and engage with other IBM leads.
- Interact with other functional specialists in a professional manner and respond quickly to requests.
- Train and supervise Junior Data Scientists.
- Develop collateral for analytical based solutions.
- Write-up and deliver results in formal client presentations.
Successful candidates for these positions will work through the IBM CIC in Columbus, OH. The CIC uses both in-bound and on-site delivery models, so travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs. Travel is expected 40% of the time (Monday thru Friday). Candidates are not able to refuse a project assignment based on travel requirements.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.