Monsanto's vision for a better world is to produce more, conserve more an improve lives. Achieving this vision demands a revolution in agriculture, driven by innovation in technology and analytics.
Join the Monsanto's thriving Data Science community to play a role in shaping the future of agriculture, data science and biotechnology. Work with cutting-edge analytics tools to solve challenging problems intersecting a wide variety of domains such as agronomy, genomics, plant breeding, operations research and field trials. Engage with business stakeholders to identify innovative solutions through application of statistical analyses, data visualization, machine learning based predictive modeling, and graph analyses.
The dates for this summer internship are May 14 - August 3 of 2018. Requirements:
- Current enrollment as a Ph.D. or Masters student in a quantitative field e.g. computational biology, chemistry, physics, statistics or computer science
- 3.0 or above cumulative GPA
- Must be returning to school to continue current program of study or an advanced degree upon completion of this summer internship
- Proficiency with R or python programming languages
- Experience with applied predictive modeling, machine learning and data analysis
- Experience with shell scripting in a cloud environment
- Ability to create dynamic visualizations with R Shiny
- Familiarity with git for version control, SQL and working with APIs
- Experience with reproducible analyses, code packaging and docker
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.