Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!Quest Objectives
Blizzard is seeking postgraduate-level students to serve as data science interns for summer 2017. Data science interns must be able to carry out independent research using advanced analytical techniques and support production systems.
In most cases, projects will be determined based off of the strengths of the selected candidate. Interns may develop data-mining, machine learning, and statistical solutions to understanding game design and key business behaviors such as player acquisition and retention, or design and construct sophisticated statistical models to forecast key metrics. They may also be responsible for communicating statistical findings to senior management, via written and verbal presentations.Intern Guild Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Pursuing a Master's or PhD in Data Mining, Machine Learning, Statistics, or other related field
- Passion for technology, gaming, and game development
- Strong expertise in classification, clustering, and regression
- Strong background in R, Matlab, or a related statistical language
- Experience developing in Python
- Strong communications skills
Quest Items WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- Experience with distributed computing (Hadoop, MPI, etc.)
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle, MSSQL, or MYSQL) and associated reporting tools
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.