Data Science Intern-Oracle Data Cloud
Posted: January 06, 2017
Reference ID: 170000C9
The Oracle Data Cloud is on the cutting edge in development of targeting methodologies for digital and offline advertising. The biggest advertisers and social media platforms in the world use these methods to help better understand and plan their advertising strategies.
As an intern you'll be implementing cutting edge machine learning and high performance computing methodologies at scale. This requires collaborating with researchers and applying robust software architectural decision making skills to optimize performance and accuracy of first-in-industry techniques to target media campaigns.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Providing academic based thought leadership in the initiation of novel analytical solutions
* Communicating with team members to help implement robust software design
* Researching and implementing the newest big data technologies to create solutions at scale
* Identifying opportunities for improvement within existing software applications and frameworks
* Consistently striving to produce the best implementations of the most accurate digital media measurement products on the market
Skills and qualifications:
Our management team is looking for a qualified candidate who will be energized by the dynamics of an entrepreneurial work environment. If you thrive on change, run with new challenges, and you're interested in what you've read so far, you have the qualities we're looking for in a candidate.
Here's a summary of the skills that will provide success in this position:
* Active PhD student in Computer Science or Machine Learning
* Experience with big data tools (Spark, Hive, Hadoop, etc.)
* Experience with one or more programming languages (Python, Go, Scala, C , Ruby, etc.)
* Experience with standard software development practices including object oriented programming, functional programming, test based design, etc.
* Experience with web technologies/frameworks and Docker containerization
* Comfortable working in Linux environments
* The desire to continually learn and test your own boundaries
* Collaborative, positive attitude with desire to work in a demanding, fast paced, and dynamic work environment for a rapidly growing company
* Exceptional problem solving skills with unrelenting focus on practical business implications
* Desire to publish novel, cutting edge work and help present at conferences
Are you ready to take a leading role with one of the most innovative and exciting technology companies that is transforming the marketing world?
While advertising and media continue to grow digitally and revolutionize marketing "online", 93% of all consumer spending is still happening "offline". Marketers want to find buyers of their products - not just "clickers". Oracle Data Cloud is leveraging the power of big data, technology and predictive analytics to fuse offline sales with digital media. By helping marketers build, reach and measure purchase-based audiences, ODC serves as core marketing infrastructure for a data-driven world.
Even in the face of our sustained growth we've managed to preserve the energy, creativity, nimbleness, individual empowerment and fun of an emerging company. We're Colorado based and have offices in NYC, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Detroit and London.
Do you want to get a foot in the door and perhaps even get the chance to interview early for one of the best technology jobs in the world? If so, you may be an ideal candidate for our internship program.
Gain invaluable experience in what it is like to work at a leading global hardware and software systems innovator - Oracle. Your colleagues are industry experts and knowledgeable veterans. Your contributions will enhance real Oracle products and services. By the end of your internship you will be connected to a powerful network of professionals, managers, and executives.
Received undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related area of study. Strong academic achievement. Strong interest in technical area of study.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.