Produce more. Conserve more. Improve lives. That's Monsanto's vision for a better world. Achieving this vision demands revolutionizing agriculture through technology. Data Science is central to attaining this transformation.
We are seeking exceptionally talented individuals with a passion for innovation to lead a data science team in our Global Analytics Team within the Breeding Organization. The global analytics team is a cutting edge group that analyzes big data to develop predictive models and optimization solutions to accelerate Monsanto's product development. As part of our diverse, highly dynamic group, you will be driving big data challenges and will lead a team of exceptional data scientists with diverse backgrounds (Mathematicians, Statisticians and Engineers) to foster your career growth and development while delivering next-generation scientific breakthroughs.
The person will provide strategic technical and project leadership in a fast paced R&D team environment to accelerate our pipeline and product development efforts. Major Responsibilities:
• People and technical leadership with focus on creating team environment for individuals to develop and succeed
• Lead innovation using latest innovations in machine learning, predictive analytics and optimization algorithms
• Lead team to develop and deploy newest technologies across the globe
• Identify and drive the development of innovative methodologies to accelerate our pipeline and product development efforts
• Lead development and presentation of compelling, validated stories to all levels of organization, including peers, senior management and internal customers to drive both strategic and operational changes in business
• Develop strong and successful collaborations among various Monsanto R&D teams
• Identify opportunities to reduce cost of major breeding operations Required Skills:
- PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics, or other quantitative disciplines
- 3+ years experience in applying Machine learning algorithms (Deep Learning, Ensembles, SVM) and optimization concepts (network optimization, stochastic programming, optimal scheduling and routing) and 5+ years experience with statistical programming packages like R, MATLAB and Python and experience with a passion for solving analytical problems involving big data
- Experience with Big data ecosystem including Hbase, MongoDB, MapReduce, and Spark, and virtual infrastructure and Infrastructure as a service such as AWS and Google cloud
- Creative, proactive, bold and out-of-box thinking
- Exceptional leadership, verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills and problem solving skills will be required to negotiate scope/resources, manage, and project status, and synchronize activities with team members, stakeholders, and management
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and proven problem solving abilities
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, leading & influencing people at varying levels of responsibility
- Proven ability to communicate complex qualitative analysis in clear, precise and actionable manner
- Strong publication record in leading scientific journals
- Experience in method development and the ability to define and implement desired technical strategies
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.