101 Post Street (61057), United States of America, San Francisco, California
Data Science Manager
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we launched as a startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
As part of our Enterprise Customer team, you will join the journey to build a centralized customer platform which will service all our channels and also provide operational and analytical capabilities. We envision, create, deploy, and maintain critical customer applications by streamlining data across systems, apply state of the art machine learning, micro-service architecture, and beautiful visualizations in the cloud. We are highly technical with strong backgrounds in what we do.
As a Data Scientist you will be part of a team that's driving the implementation of next generation Customer Matching and Search solution, using the latest in distributed computing technologies and operating against millions of customers.
What you’ll do:
- Using analytical solutions (Spark, H20, Druid) develop a probabilistic matching engine to match customers.
- Write software to clean and normalize large data sets to run matching algorithms.
- Integrate with external data sources and API to validate improving matching algorithms.
- Creating machine learning models from development through testing and validation to our 100+ million customers in production.
- Designing rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to customers or company leaders.
- Investigating the impact of new technologies on the future of mobile banking and the financial world of tomorrow.
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea. You probably have a diploma and an impressive GPA, or you dropped out of college, taught yourself and routinely win Kaggle competitions.
- Wrangler. You know how to move data around, from a database or an API, through a transformation or two, a model and into human-readable form. You probably know Python, Java, R, or Scala.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. Expect to tell us what you've shipped and what's flopped.
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems and petabytes don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut.
- You are a cloud ninja
Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
At least 2 years’ experience in open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
At least 2 years’ experience with machine learning
At least 2 years’ experience with relational databases
- 3+ years' experience in open source programming languages for large scale data analysis.
- 3+ years' experience with machine learning.
- 3+ years' experience with relational databases.
- 3+ years' experience with SQL.
- Domain experience in Customer Applications
- You can show off your Github or Stack Overflow contributions
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.