Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Data Science Specialist
Data & Analytics
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Cincinnati, Alpharetta, Atlanta
As a Data Science Specialist, you will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team on development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units. Potential application areas include monitoring and diagnostics across IT infrastructure, portfolio risk assessment, and operations optimization.
* Develop analytics within well defined projects to address customer needs and opportunities.
* Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services.
* Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.
* Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
* Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics.
* Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate your work and outcomes.
* Share and discuss findings with team members.
* Bachelor's Degree in a "STEM" major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent experience.
* Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, Python)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience with multiple statistical programming languages such as Python, R, SAS etc. Database query programs (SQL, Experience with Pivotal, Postgres)
* Experience with Github Basic understanding of statistics and predictive algorithms.
* Background in Multivariate Calculus and Machine Learning.
* Experience with Data Munging (Clean and Tidy data on structured and non-structured sets).
* Experience with Data visualization and communication.
* Background in Software Engineering.
* Experience with Hadoop (Hive, Pig, etc.) and other big data platforms.
* Domain knowledge in Compute, Database, Network, and Storage Experience in IT Service Management environments.
* Familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.