At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Data Science Specialist for the Software, Electronic, and Mechanical Systems (SEMS) Laboratory located in Maplewood, MN. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Data Science Specialist
will develop technologies in the areas of machine learning, data science, deep learning, artificial intelligence, or computer vision that create new opportunities for 3M.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Leverage expertise to develop and lead new technologies, providing growth opportunities in addition to supporting existing 3M products and businesses
- File patent applications, publish in top-tier journals, and present at appropriate conferences
- Collaborate with research teams in corporate research and business labs on building capabilities and applications that use his/her scientific, mathematical, and computational skills
- Analyze, develop algorithms, and deploy solutions based on real-world data
- Master's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of one (1) year of combined experience working with real world data in an industrial and/or national lab environment
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Data Science, Cognitive Science, Software Engineering, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics or related discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in machine learning, deep learning, data science, computer vision, artificial intelligence, statistics, and/or applied mathematics in industrial and/or national lab environment
- Fluent in one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, MATLAB, C, C++ and/or R)
- Strong scientific and technical acumen, with demonstrated interest and ability to make connections between science/technology and real-world concerns
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity of early-stage scouting and evaluation of new opportunities and the flexibility to change direction as additional information becomes available
- Demonstrated scientific excellence as evidenced by publications and presentations
- Demonstrated leadership and networking skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
May include up to 10% domesticRelocation:
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.