Security, governance and compliance are focus areas as enterprise IT moves to cloud. Identity governance and management team in Azure Active Directory Group is focused to provide the game changing solutions in this fast-growing space. We are experimenting and using new technologies, innovations, through experimentation, data analysis & customer connection in delivering software and services to address customer issues.
One big part of the effort is to leverage data insights to help customer to meet their identity access security and governance needs. We are looking for scientists who are passionate about data and want to apply machine learning techniques to work with us to achieve that.
You will work with data from diverse structured and unstructured data sources and collaborate with a team of experts in machine learning, distributed systems, program management on the vision, scenario/feature planning, execution and delivery of scalable machine learning solution in the cloud or on premise. You will work on all aspects of the design, development and delivery of machine learning enabled solutions including problem definition, data acquisition, data exploration and visualization, feature engineering, experimenting with ML algorithms, evaluating and comparing metrics, deploying the models, iteratively improving the solution, building the tools for this process etc.
- A strong candidate will typically have the following background and skills:
- Background in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research or equivalent technical field
- PhD or MS degree
- 1+ years of experience in Data Science, software engineering or machine learning
- Solid knowledge of machine learning and data mining techniques (classifications, regressions, anomaly detection, clustering, recommenders)
- Working experience in solving real world machine learning problems
- Ability to formulate business requirements into machine learning problems, prototype statistical analysis and modeling algorithms and apply these algorithms for data driven solutions to problems in new domains Software development skills in Python/R/Microsoft R/SQL, and one or more high level languages (C#/C/C++/Java)
- Expertise in any of the common ML tools (R, Scikit Learn, TLC, etc.)
- Knowledge and skills in Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc.
- Deep learning knowledge and tools is a plus
- Ability to build production grade machine learning enabled solutions end to end
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.