Are you passionate about Windows 10? Do you want to help build the set of experiences that light up key experiences for hundreds of millions of customers? Together we will make an impact on real people, helping them connect the physical world to the digital world in their own creative way while getting the most out of productive, artistic and fun devices. We enjoy collaboration and helping each other succeed. We believe in being curious and continuing to learn. We aspire to create without fear and to lead by doing. If you get excited when using your data scientist skills to find and solve big problems or you interested in driving data-based decisions to pursue strategic challenges, this job might be for you.
We are looking for a Data Scientist with shown capability of using data to tackle high impact business problems. In this role you will help shape and strengthen our team’s technical and business strategy. You will have the opportunity to experiment with data and push the boundaries of how much value we can create for our customers. If you love data, if you love to work on projects where you can define the work, scope, direction and architect new solutions to make an impact on a large product, if you want to take on some exciting challenges and if you think you have the skills for it this could be a perfect position for you.
Our team develops the Universal Application which people use across different devices. We are a collaborative team and looking for an enthusiastic, creative and experienced engineer with data skills, analytics determination to join us. You will be working to figure out how to apply Data Science to improve user experiences with our innovative products. You're looking to make significant contributions to the early stages of a project with huge growth potential.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Analyze data and study the system to provide relevant insights on the product quality.
• Design and engineer experiments on end to end scenarios.
• Build predictive models and conduct experiments to gain insights into quality, health of the product and customer usage.
• Cross-collaborate with engineers on building statistical models, applying machine learning techniques for targeted solutions and effectively communicating the analysis and findings through interactive visualizations, documents and presentations.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills, ability to communicate complex findings in a simple manner.
• Enjoy discovering and solving problems; being a self-starter who takes responsibility when required.
• Ability to explore different directions based on data and be able to quickly change direction based on the analysis.
• 3 years’ experience with statistical models OR machine learning methods.
• Experience on large scale computing systems like COSMOS OR Hadoop OR Mapreduce
• Bachelor’s Degree
• MSc or PhD in a field like computer science, mathematics, statistics, machine learning, operations research, data mining, or AI
• Experience with Windows platform development in C++ and C# is a big plus
• Strong skills in SQL, R, Python, SAS and related tools for large scale analysis.
• Strong hands-on experience in machine learning.
• Deep familiarity with statistical models & and machine learning methods.
• Excellent communications & interpersonal skills. Ability to convince other strong personalities of their ideas and communicate complicated analysis & insights to non-technical audience
• BSc+ degrees in computer science, statistics, or related fields
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.