This role can be located in Redmond, WA. Multiple roles are available.
“I fundamentally believe that if you are not learning new things, you stop doing great and useful things” – Satya Nadella, Microsoft CEO
The Microsoft Learning Strategy and Insights team within the Worldwide Learning group is composed of insatiably curious, self-directed, motivated, results driven people. We are passionate about supporting Microsoft employees, customers and channel partners with the training and development required for them to fulfill their business and personal potential. We are seeking analysts of like mindset who are driven by curiosity, take risks, and have a passion for problem solving.
The Learning and Insights team’s charter includes:
• Shaping and influencing the learning strategy for Microsoft.
• Bringing together deep contextual understanding with data to understand and improve impact.
• Using analytical methods to derive insights about learning impact.
• Managing and influencing a cycle of communications and stakeholder engagements.
• Communicating key metrics to support business objectives.
This D&AS role on the Learning Strategy and Insights team provides advanced analytics and insights to measure the business impact of Microsoft’s learning and development programs and products for customers, partners, employees and other audiences.
To be successful in this role, you must be highly motivated, curious, able to tell a story with data, analytical, detail oriented, and comfortable with ambiguity. In addition, a successful candidate will have the ability to work with quantitative, engineering and business teams.
• Work with stakeholders to frame problem statements clearly.
• Identify and define appropriate data for analysis.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts and data scientists to inform your analytical approaches
• Perform statistical analysis and bring business context to bear on that data.
• Communicate findings to stakeholders and leadership in a clear and understandable story.
• Propose and implement business metrics for management reviews
• Design and build world class reporting that embody data visualization and UI/UX best practices
• College degree or 4 years' work experience (MBA/Masters preferred)
• 1+ year of post degree experience in analysis / statistics OR data analytics
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Experience with Power BI, Tableau, SQL preferred
• Experience with R, Python preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.